Yielding to Form

Yielding to Form: 32nd Annual Harcourt House Members’ Exhibition + Art Sale Fundraiser
January 22 – March 5, 2021
Online Only
Click Here to View Gallery

 


Presenting Sponsor: EPCOR through their Heart + Soul Fund

Responding to the THE WORKS Festival’s intended 2020 theme “Yield”, the exhibition “Yielding to Form” showcases diverse and compelling approaches to the notion of “form” in contemporary visual culture. The term form can mean several different things in art. Form refers to a composite of several visual elements, including colour, shape, juxtaposition, contrast, and dimension. Form is also used to describe the physical nature of the artwork, as in sculpture, painting, printmaking, photography, multi-media installations, etc. When used in tandem with the word art as in art form, it can also mean a medium of artistic expression recognized as fine art or an unconventional medium done so well as to elevate it to the level of fine art. A formal analysis of a work of art describes how the elements and principles of artwork together may evoke in the viewer, independent of their meaning and the feelings or thoughts. The exhibition allows the viewer to be more engaged in the art objects and – in the process – to finally complete the formal analysis of each work’s unique characteristics and meaning. This exhibition doubles as a fundraiser with 70% of the proceeds to be designated to the artists while the remaining 30% will support Harcourt’s art exhibitions and art education programs.

The works can be purchased until March 5, 2021 by emailing info@harcourthouse.ab.ca or calling Harcourt House during business hours, Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm, tel. 780-426-4180. We accept cash, cheques, Debit Card, VISA, and Master Card. The purchased works will be available for pick up at Harcourt’s office during the business hours upon previous arrangement with Harcourt’s staff.

Participating Artists:
M.N.V. (Krista Acheson), Kristina Afonso, Asal Andarzipour, Debra Bachman, Bonnie Bigley, Karen Blanchet, E. Ross Bradley, Alexis Marie Chute, Father Douglas, Yvonne DuBourdieu, Sharon Moore-Foster, Christian Peres Gibaut, Edmund Haakonson, Maureen Harvey, Deann Stein Hasinoff, Carmella Haykowsky, Micah Haykowsky, Mark Henderson, Bernard Hippel, Precious Kay, Katherine Lachacz, Miranda Mewhort, Sara Norquay, Aeris Osborne, Jesus Rangel, Susan Rauch, Lisa Rayner, Wanda Resek, Keith Turnbull, Ritchie Velthuis, Wiz Wensel, Mary Whale, John Whittingham, Guojun Yu

 

 

Members Show Gallery

 


Image by M.N.V. : Self Portrait (detail), 2020, phone book, drywall compound, plaster cloth, twine, house paint, polymer clay, 17 x 15 x 36 inch
Courtesy of the Artist