Harcourt House Artist Run Centre is one of the largest communities of visual artists in Edmonton. It offers 42 low-rent studios for local practicing artists and other non-profit arts-related organizations.
We currently have 1 studio vacancy available for short-term rent starting September 1, 2022:
- Studio A13 242 Sq. Ft. $279.51/Month
Approved applicants on our current waitlist are given priority and will be contacted first. If you wish to be put on the wait list you must submit an application form which can be found below:
Please note any uncompleted applications will not be considered.
All completed applications must be sent to email@example.com
ABOUT APPLICATION POLICY
Harcourt House Artist Run Centre Studios exist for the ongoing, active development and creation of visual art. Applying for a studio space at Harcourt House Artist Run Centre is a pre-approval system only. Approved applicants will be placed on the waiting list for the next available studio space.
Individuals interested in securing a studio space in Harcourt House Artist Run Centre must provide the following information:
- A completed application form.
- A CV or resume detailing your education, body of work, exhibitions and work history. Artist references are not necessary, but will be considered an asset.
- A written statement (250 – 300 words max) of your intended use of space, detailing the scope of your current and planned projects.
- Any person having not pursued an artistic career long enough to have built a CV may submit 10 images of existing work along with 3 references from recognized Visual Arts Professionals. (These may include Artists, Visual Arts Professors, Curators, Gallery Owners, etc.)
If the applicant intends to share the studio space, each person intending to work in the spaces must complete an application.
If an existing tenant wishes to bring in a studio-mate to share his/her space the proposed new person must fill out a full application and be approved prior to assuming a shared space.
No person may take up residence, temporary or otherwise, in any space leased at Harcourt House Artist Run Centre. Any person doing so will be evicted upon the approval of the Board of Directors.
Harcourt House Artist Run Centre:
- Gives priority to Artists working in visual disciplines (painting, sculpture, print media, mixed media, etc.).
will give priority to artists who can demonstrate an ongoing dedicated production of artwork and pursuit of an artistic career.
- May request an interview with all applicants before approving any application.
- Will assess all applications by a jury process that will include the Executive Director (or delegate), one member of the Board of Directors and one existing Tenant.
Unsuccessful applicants may appeal (in writing only) to the Board of Directors of Harcourt House Artist Run Centre. The decision of the Board of Directors on an appeal is final.