Harcourt House Artist Run Centre is an artist-run, charitable organization that promotes contemporary visual art to interested individuals and organizations by providing education, exhibitions and resources. It is a destination for contemporary visual art for emerging and established artists. Harcourt is a centre of excellence that is active in community participation, provides targeted programming and is sustainable.
Harcourt House is one of only four public galleries, and one of three artist-run centres in Edmonton. The centre delivers a host of services to both artists and the community – and acts as an essential alternative site for the presentation, distribution and promotion of contemporary art. In our exhibition programming we seek both emerging and established artists whom look to present experimental work that aim to engage the diverse Edmonton community and surround.
Harcourt House supports eight exhibitions annually in this space and only applications from established artists, local, national or international, will be considered for this space. Individual artists and groups are open to submit to the Main Gallery.
The deadline for the Main Space is April 30, 2016.
Harcourt House pays full artists fees according to the CAR/FAC fee schedule.
FRONT ROOM GALLERY
The Front Room Gallery is a space for individual and collaborative artists to showcase new work fresh from the studio, experimental work in progress, or timely projects from artists residing in the Edmonton region. Harcourt House accepts proposals for the Front Room on an ongoing basis that has no fixed submission deadline.
Harcourt House pays a 800$ exhibition fee for the Front Room space.
FRONT ROOM & MAIN GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Harcourt House accepts ELECTRONIC FORMATS ONLY
All written support and images must be burned to a SINGLE CD, DVD or uploaded to a USB flash drive.
- ALL Written Material: Must be in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document
- IMAGES in JPEG FORMAT
- All written material and images must be burned to a SINGLE CD, DVD or uploaded to a USB flash drive
- DVDs may be included for video documentation.
- Clearly label CD/DVD/flash drive with artists full name and gallery submitting to
- All files must be Mac compatible
**Please do not send any paper documents, printed images, or return envelopes as submissions will not be returned or reviewed.
**Please do not email submissions or use Powerpoint presentations.
- Project description/proposal (include gallery space you are applying for)
- Curriculum Vitae (3 page max.)
- Artist’s/ Curatorial statement (1 page max.)
- 10 – 15 good quality digital images of proposed or recent work (JPEG’s ONLY)
- Submit a resolution of 72 dpi files ONLY
- Image list including: title, dimensions, medium, and date
- Press clippings (3 page max.)*
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number and email)
- Website (if applicable)
- Include your name on all files and images submitted
**Incomplete proposal packages will NOT be considered.
VIDEO FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Maximum of two videos no longer than 5 minutes each
- Submit a file that can be accessed through one of the following programs: QuickTime, Flash Player or Shockwave
**IMPORTANT NOTICE: Digital support material that does not correspond to the following guidelines may result in an incomplete submission application, resulting in a withdrawal from the jury review. Following the submission guidelines will ensure your submission is reviewed. Thank you.
PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
Harcourt House Artist Run Centre
3rd Floor Gallery, 10215-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 1M7
Any questions please contact Angèle Karosi at (780) 426-4180 or firstname.lastname@example.org